I am absolutely obsessed with this dish! It’s so quick, so tasty, really filling and only 338 calories (not including the rice, should you serve it with rice). What more could you want from a dish? I have to confess, it has a little bit of a cheat in it (not 100% cooking from scratch) but I’m still happy! So here you have it, my quick teriyaki chicken with vegetables recipe!
Quick Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables Recipe
Ingredients serve 2 people
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 bag of microwaveable vegetables
For the Teriyaki Sauce (you can substitute this for shop bought if you’re short on time)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (you can go for the reduced sodium version to be even healthier!)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated, fresh root ginger
- Mix all of the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a bowl and set to one side.
- Dice chicken breasts and heat oil in a frying pan. When oil is hot, add chicken and garlic.
- When chicken is almost ready, add the teriyaki sauce to the frying pan and allow to reduce. While this is reducing, microwave vegetables according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add vegetables to the frying pan and mix well to coat with teriyaki sauce.
- Serve with wholegrain rice.
As I’ve already said, I’m really obsessed with this dish (and bonus, Chris loves it too!) so I hope you try it out and enjoy it as well. Let me know if you do!