So the first week of my 40 Day Healthy Living Challenge (read more here) is nearly over, and I have to say it’s gone much better than expected. Although I have had to spend a bit more time cooking, I’ve quite enjoyed it and, so far, the meals I’ve made have been great (and healthy!). I thought it might be fun to share a few of the recipes I’m using with you, and here is the first! A very simple, very easy tuna burgers recipe, inspired by BBC Good Food. Hope you enjoy!
Easy Tuna Burgers Recipe
Ingredients for 4 Burgers
- 2 x 185g cans of tuna (preferably in water) drained well
- 198g can of sweetcorn
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 1 beaten egg
- salad and wholemeal rolls to serve
- These burgers are easiest to make when you have a blender, but can be done without. If you are using a blender, whizz the two cans of tuna and half the can of sweetcorn until finely chopped. If you don’t have a blender (or don’t feel like cleaning it – why are they so difficult?!), shred the tuna from the can into a bowl using a fork.
- Add the remaining sweetcorn (all of the sweetcorn if you’ve not used a food processor), the spring onion and the egg. Mix well and shape into four burgers.
- Allow the burgers to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This will help the burgers to firm up and they are less likely to fall apart when you cook them!
- Heat a cooking oil of your choice in a frying pan. We used extra virgin olive oil, but you can use a 1 cal spray if you’re really trying to keep the calories to a minimum. Cook the burgers for roughly 5 minutes on each side, until they have gone a lovely golden colour and are cooked right through.
- Serve in wholemeal rolls with salad.
That’s it! Super simple and very tasty. You could also add chilli or red onion to your burgers, or grate cheese on top to make them extra delicious!
Each burger is approximately 260 calories, without the roll, and can easily be eaten without it. I personally found one burger to be very filling, but Chris needed two!
Hope this has been helpful! Let me know if you try out the recipe!