Another simple recipe for you today! The challenge has ended but I’m having too much fun with these new recipes to stop now, and as I mentioned in my update I’m feeling a lot better for it! Chris and I are loving this dish, and it’s so easy to make. You only need one pan!
Easy One Pan Chicken Recipe (with spinach, mozzarella and a tomato sauce)
Ingredients serve 2 people
- two chicken breasts
- 125g Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 25g grated Parmesan
- 200g chopped baby spinach
- 115g grated mozzarella
- a jar of tomato sauce (we use Loyd Grossman’s tomato and basil sauce, but you can use anything or make your own!)
- Mix the Parmesan and Panko in a bowl, and coat the chicken breasts in the mixture. Heat a frying pan with oil and place the chicken breasts into the pan when well coated. Cook the chicken breasts until golden and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pan once cooked and place on a plate to rest. Add the tomato sauce to the pan and heat through. Place the chicken breasts on top of the tomato sauce and top with the chopped spinach and mozzarella.
- Place the whole pan in the oven at 180ºC (be careful if your frying pan has a plastic handle. It should be okay up to 180ºC but it depends on the brand) for 5-10mins until the mozzarella has melted.
- Remove from the oven (carefully!) and serve!
Extremely simple and tasty! Please let me know if you try it out!