This has definitely been one of the best recipes I’ve made so far in my challenge. I think my quick Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables Recipe only just beats it! This is a really quick meal to make (you can’t even marinate the tuna for longer than 30 minutes – perfect for fast food!) and is really healthy. So, without any more rambling, here is my Asian style tuna steaks recipe.
Asian Style Tuna Steaks Recipe
Ingredients serve 2 people
- 2 tuna steaks (I bought mine from Sainsbury’s)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 5-6 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic (less if you’re not a huge garlic fan!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Finely chop the spring onions and the garlic, and add to a bowl with the lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame seeds.
- Place the tuna steaks in the bowl and coat with the mixture. Leave to marinade for no longer than 30 minutes. Any longer and the lemon juice will start to cook the tuna steaks.
- Heat an oil of your choice (we used extra virgin olive oil again!) in a frying pan and add the tuna steaks.
- If you like your tuna pink in the middle, cook for only 1 minute on each side. Add time if you prefer them a little more well done!
- Serve with vegetables and/or wholegrain rice!
I’d love to hear if you try this recipe out! Hope you like it as much as me.